Thank you for taking the time to read this page. My Ginger Beer Plant (GBP) is dried to ensure the best possible quality when shipping.
Making an order and accepting delivery of an order implies you accept these Terms and Conditions.
1. I normally aim to send out all new orders within three working days and most will go out sooner. At certain times of the year I may only send out once a week if I'm building stock levels. Once a year on average the GBP stops growing and I end up with a 4 week waiting list, on average.
Fast Track - There is a Fast Track option on the website for those that don't want to wait, you can add this at any point up to the dispatch email. If you don't choose this option then it is assumed that you are okay to wait and accept that some people will have taken this option and put your order back a little further. On average no more than 3 people choose this option in a week. That could put your order back a week on a four week wait time. Note this is not a courier service with tracking, if you have any problems with your post you need to contact me BEFORE placing your order as I need to check the price with Royal Mail.
2. Delivery Addresses: I can only send to the delivery address supplied on the order. You must ensure you have given me the right address before placing the order. You can update your address under Profile> My Details> Address> Add Address. If you cannot update or add the delivery address to your PayPal order then please contact me BEFORE making the order. Please include a name of a person for delivery, if you don't it may delay your order.
3. Tracking- Royal Mail international tracking does not allow you to follow the progress of you package. An item is scanned at posting and on delivery. I cannot give feedback as to where the item is. I do not use couriers, I am too small a business to qualify for reasonable rates. A starter pack with UPS is approximately £35.00.
4. Email Addresses: Your email address with must be a live email address that is, you are able to check it, in order to get your receipt and receive support. If I need to contact you for more details and don't get a reply or my emails bounce back I reserve the right to not send out your order until you contact me or I may cancel the order. I will only make one attempt to contact you. There is an admin charge of £4.00 for sending information or support to an email address not on the order if you cannot contact me using that email address supplied by PayPal. If you are buying as a gift, please let me know, using the email address supplied by PayPal, the email address of the person who may be contacting me for support. Because PayPal receipts come in to me encoded my computer is unable to search them for information so the person you are making the order for will need to know the full name and address on the order if you don't contact me. I reserve the right not to send support to an email address not on the order.
5. Some countries have poor delivery rates and to these I will only post if you accept full responsibility for missing packages, please contact me if you think this to be the case. If you are in China please provide me with the Chinese Characters for your address and understand that the order could take five weeks or longer.
6. I offer support for the brewing of up to 4 litres of ginger beer using our Ginger Beer Plant and following the instructions I provide on this website. I have provided an FAQ in the members section in order for you to get the maximum amount of information possible 24 hours a day. I am happy to clarify anything in the FAQ or instructions that doesn't make sense. You can contact me if you would like to negotiate tutoring fees. I can only give support to customers who detail what they have done in order for me to best tailor my advice to their needs. It should go without saying that all correspondence must be free from abuse, however individuals have got very abusive because I referred them to the FAQ when they question was already covered there. Breaking the Terms and Conditions voids any eligibility for support and access to the Members' Area.
7. If on the very rare occasion that your GBP doesn't arrive you must contact me within 45 days of placing your order. More than 90% of orders arrive on time 9% arrive a little late and ~1% arrive quite late. Please allow for delays especially around holiday periods. So outside of the EU allow 4 to 5 weeks within the EU allow 3-4 weeks and in the UK allow up to 2 weeks from getting the dispatch email. I must stress the upper end of the estimated delivery times are much, much more rare especially in the UK.
8. Because the Ginger Beer Plant is a live culture I cannot accept returns. If you change your mind about the order you must contact me ASAP as most orders are sent out the next day using Royal Mail or sooner. Customers with 'Mail Boxes' must ensure their GBP will not be sat baking in the sun or freeze. GBP is a live culture and sent out fresh after drying. The instructions tell you to do three Recovery Brews but very rarely you will need to do more if you have not followed the instructions properly.
9. Support. On the very rare occasion that you have difficulties getting your GBP going you must contact me ASAP so that I can help. The GBP is very tough and I have revived GBP that went around the world and back over three months of summer. One customer revived it after 6 years in the fridge and I revived on after a year in my cupboard. I cannot refund GBP if it has just been discarded or where you have just given up without contacting me or following my advice. If the information is not clear in the FAQ or instructions please let me know. I will need you to explain exactly what you've done so I can see where you are going wrong. I too frequently am expected to know what you've done wrong without you telling me what you've done. I have no psychic ability I'm afraid. I'm sorry but this happens all the time. I have tried to make the instructions as simple as possible but everyone is different and you can easily understand the same sentence in numerous ways on different readings, please be patient. We're all human. I can only support you if something has gone wrong, please don't anticipate problems and ask for advice, this happens all the time as well. Please read the FAQ. Your Ginger Beer Plant amount will vary over time, you must take care not to lose any. The Ginger Beer Plant is supplied only for the production of ginger beer and related recipes on the recipes using the amount of Ginger Beer Plant supplied as standard on the website. I do not support brewing more than 4 litres.
10. The Businesses Protocol: The prices, including any offers, on this website are discounted for the domestic market only. Please contact me by email using the Contact Me link above if you are buying for a company or for distribution with full explanation of how you intend to use the Ginger Beer Plant. If you don't contact me before hand and you have used a business account clearly associated with fermented products or you require an invoice as you are buying the GBP for company use then your order will be processed under The Business Protocol at the business rate of £40 per gram plus shipping via registered post plus a £2.00 Administration Fee. If you purchased a pack and are a business customer I will calculate your amount of GBP based on the price you paid minus the cost of P&P, a £2.00 admin fee and the acids in the pack, an invoice will be included. I do not offer support to business customers and no access to the Members Areas is granted unless you have taken up a Business Support Option. A domestic customer is defined as one brewing for personal, home use using the recipe on the website for up to 4 litres only. By agreeing to these conditions you agree not to distribute my Ginger Beer Plant nor distribute any part or in entirety the instructions you download. Note that I don't provide invoices at the discounted domestic rate, if you must have an invoice then your purchase will be processed using The Business Protocol, see above.
11. Please store your GBP in the door section of the fridge before hydrating and hydrate your GBP within 31 days of receipt. Nobody that followed the instructions has ever been unable to use the GBP to brew ginger beer. Please be aware that any activity means your GBP is alive. Ginger Beer Plant is a wild culture and will ferment much slower than Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
Every batch is tested and is sent out fresh after storing in the fridge for no more than a few days. Your GBP is a random selection from this large batch.
12. 7g, 14g, 21g etc batches of GBP will all be packaged in one pouch, it may be divided up but these divisions will be random in order to make posting more efficient. If you need your GBP packaged separately into custom batch sizes then please contact me using the 'Contact Me' link on the navigation bar on my website. I may charge for this service depending on the quantity you order as multiple batches are normally discounted due to involving less handling. If you use the PayPal checkout page to adjust the quantity of batches, packs, I reserve the right to combine them into one order unless you specify that they are to be shipped separately, you must let me know as soon as placing the order.
13. Your confirmation and dispatch email along with username and password will be sent to the address supplied by PayPal and I will resend to this address as part of the package. Access to the membership area is valid for six months on a single purchase of GBP. Sharing or passing on your password is not permitted. Other Membership Options are available here. Membership payments are non-refundable. Membership is free for six months with the purchase of Ginger Beer Plant and available on dispatch of the Ginger Beer Plant.
14. Importing. I have never had an problems posting to Aus, NZ, Taz, USA Canada, Israel, Malaysia etc. but it is your responsibility to check if import restrictions apply to your region of the world, for example, if you are in a Muslim country with alcohol restrictions.
15. Instructions and FAQ - I provide help and support for brewing following the recipes on the website only. The instructions are not very long and members' FAQ and be searched using Ctrl 'F' or Command 'F' on a Mac. I'm happy to explain anything that you don't understand and fill in any gaps that I may have left. I reserve the right to point you to the instructions or the FAQ.
I provide Google translations of the instructions only as a guide. I only speak English so I'm not able to check Google's translations for errors.
Last updated: 26/Oct/2017
The Ginger Beer Plant operates http://www.gingerbeerplant.net/. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information (that is provided by PayPal you your order, a copy will be sent to you by PayPal) only for providing customer service and we will never at any point now or in the future disclose any information about you to any third party without your express permission first. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
Like many site operators, the site host collects information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. This information is not used or monitored nor can we use it to identify any visitor.
We do not use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this.
We will never use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information unless it is to your benefit; for example to update you of delivery estimates, update your username and password or to inform you of an amendment to the instructions.
We will not change this policy in any way that affects your privacy without first getting your permission.
Thank you for the very fast dispatch Our GBP arrived quickly, it was a breeze to use and is bubbling away nicely. My kids love it. Thank you.
Your service is wonderful. I've bought GBP and top ups from you a few times now over the last few years. Your packaging is always really neat, the instructions you send are so helpful and I can't tell you how many of my friends have said how lovely the ginger beer is that I make.