Terms and Conditions
Thank you for taking the time to read this page. My Ginger Beer Plant (GBP) is dried to ensure the best possible quality when shipping.
Making an order and accepting delivery of an order implies you accept these Terms and Conditions.
1. I normally aim to send out all new orders within three working days and most will go out sooner. At certain times of the year I may only send out once a week if I'm building stock levels. Please note since the GBP is a live culture there are times when I may not have stock and it make take longer than this to get your GBP. I will inform you if this is the case.
2. Delivery Addresses: I can only send to the delivery address supplied on the order. If your address with PayPal is out of date you must update it before you make the order. You can update your address under Profile> My Details> Address> Add Address. If you cannot update or add the delivery address to your PayPal order then please contact me BEFORE making the order. Please include a name of a person for delivery, if you don't it may delay your order.
3. Email Addresses: You must provide a live email address that you are able to check in order to get your receipt and receive support. If I need to contact you for more details and don't get a reply or my emails bounce back I reserve the right to not send out your order until you contact me or until I cancel the order. I will only make one attempt to contact you. There is an admin charge of £4.00 for sending information or support to an email address not on the order if you cannot contact me using that email address supplied by PayPal. If you are buying as a gift, please let me know, using the email address supplied by PayPal, the email address of the person who may be contacting me for support. Because PayPal receipts come in to me encoded my computer is unable to search them for information so the person you are making the order for will need to know the full name and address on the order if you don't contact me. I reserve the right not to send support to an email address not on the order. Tracking is not provided as standard, if you require tracking you must contact me before ordering, please be aware that tracking adds approximately £6.00 to the p&p of a 7g pack of GBP and more for Starter Packs. I do not use couriers, I am too small a business to qualify for reasonable rates. A starter pack with UPS is approximately £35.00
4. Some countries have poor delivery rates and to these I will only post if you accept full responsibility for missing packages, please contact me if you think this to be the case. If you are in China please provide me with the Chinese Characters for your address and understand that the order could take five weeks or longer.
5. I offer support for the brewing of up to 4 litres of ginger beer using our Ginger Beer Plant and following the instructions I provide on this website. Please note this does not include how to grow the Ginger Beer Plant, if you would like to enquire about a brewing course or the course on growing Ginger Beer Plant then please contact me for course details. Prices start at £500.00. Your Ginger Beer Plant amount will vary over time, you must take care not to lose any. The Ginger Beer Plant is supplied only for the production of ginger beer and related recipes. I can only give support to customers who detail what they have done in order for me to best tailor my advice to their needs. Although this has only happened once all correspondence must be free from abuse. Polite correspondence must go both ways. Breaking the Terms and Conditions voids any eligibility for support and access to the Members' Area.
6. If on the very rare occasion that your GBP doesn't arrive you must contact me within 45 days of placing your order. More than 90% of orders arrive on time 9% arrive a little late and ~1% arrive quite late. Please allow for delays especially around holiday periods. So outside of the EU allow 4 to 5 weeks within the EU allow 3-4 weeks and in the UK allow up to 2 weeks from getting the despatch email. I must stress the upper end of the estimated delivery times are much, much more rare especially in the UK.
7. Because the Ginger Beer Plant is a live culture I cannot accept returns. If you change your mind about the order you must contact me ASAP as most orders are sent out the next day using Royal Mail or sooner. Customers with 'Mail Boxes' must ensure their GBP will not be sat baking in the sun or freeze. GBP is a live culture and sent out fresh after drying. The instructions tell you to do three Recovery Brews but very rarely you will need to do more if you have not followed the instructions properly.
8. On the very rare occasion that you have difficulties getting your GBP going you must contact me ASAP so that I can help. The GBP is very tough and I have revived GBP that went around the world and back over three months of summer. I cannot refund GBP if it has just been discarded or where you have just given up without contacting me. If you have difficulty getting your GBP going you can email me for support, I will need you to explain exactly what you've done so I can see where you are going wrong. I have tried to make the instructions as simple as possible but everyone is different and you can easily understand the same sentence in numerous ways on different readings. We're all human.
9. The Businesses Protocol: The prices, including any offers, on this website are discounted for the domestic market only. Please contact me by email using the Contact Me link above if you are buying for a company or for distribution with full explanation of how you intend to use the Ginger Beer Plant. If you don't contact me before hand and you have used a business account clearly associated with fermented products or you require an invoice as you are buying the GBP for company use then your order will be processed under The Business Protocol at the business rate of £40 per gram plus shipping via registered post plus a £2.00 Administration Fee. If you purchased a pack and are a business customer I will calculate your amount of GBP based on the price you paid minus the cost of P&P, a £2.00 admin fee and the acids in the pack, an invoice will be included. I do not offer support to business customers and no access to the Members Areas is granted unless you have taken up a Business Support Option. A domestic customer is defined as one brewing for personal, home use using the recipe on the website for up to 4 litres only. By agreeing to these conditions you agree not to distribute my Ginger Beer Plant nor distribute any part or in entirety the instructions you download. Note that I don't provide invoices at the discounted domestic rate, if you must have an invoice then your purchase will be processed using The Business Protocol, see above.
10.Please store your GBP in the door section of the fridge before hydrating and hydrate your GBP within 31 days of receipt. Nobody that followed the instructions has ever been unable to use the GBP to brew ginger beer. Please be aware that any activity means your GBP is alive and well it will ferment much slower than Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
Every batch is tested and is sent out fresh after storing in the fridge for no more than a few days. Your GBP is a random selection from this large batch.
11. 7g, 14g, 21g etc batches of GBP will all be packaged in one pouch, it may be divided up but these divisions will be random in order to make posting more efficient. If you need your GBP packaged separately into custom batch sizes then please contact me using the 'Contact Me' link on the navigation bar on my website. I may charge for this service depending on the quantity you are order as one batch is charged at £12.50 and multiple batches are discounted due to less handling costs. If you use the PayPal checkout page to adjust the quantity of batches, packs, I reserve the right to combine them into one order unless you specify that they are to be shipped separately which I am happy to do as long as you let me know as soon as placing the order. However I cannot divide up an order marked as '1' on the PayPal checkout screen. I reserve the right to cancel any order and invoice you for custom orders.
12. Your confirmation and despatch email along with username and password will be sent to the address supplied by PayPal and I will resend to this address alone for free. Access to the membership area is valid for three months on a single purchase of GBP. Sharing or passing on your password is not permitted. Other Membership Options are available here. Membership is free for three months with the purchase of Ginger Beer Plant. Email support is available for the brewing of ginger beer exclusively using my recipe on this website.
13. Importing. I have never had an problems posting to Aus, NZ, Taz, USA Canada, Israel, Malaysia etc. but it is your responsibility to check if import restrictions apply to your region of the world particularly if you are in a Muslim country with alcohol restrictions.
14. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of Google Translate it is there only as a guide. I can only be bound by the original English version of these Terms and Conditions.