Thank you for taking the time to read this page. My Ginger Beer Plant (GBP) is dried to ensure the best possible quality when shipping.
Making an order and accepting delivery of an order implies you accept these Terms and Conditions.
1. I normally aim to send out all new orders within three working days and most will go out sooner. However the Ginger Beer Plant is a live organism and can be unpredictable.
Fast Track - There is a Fast Track option on the website for those that require fast turn around of an order, you can add this at any point up to the dispatch email. If you don't choose this option then it is assumed that you are okay to wait on the rare occasions there is a waiting list. Note this is not a courier service. I can only provide two day turn around if I have the stock. At times when the Ginger Beer Plant has not grown and drying stock for a Fast Track order would deplete my stock to unreasonably low levels I will post your order as soon as is possible ahead of those not placing Fast Track. I do have low stock levels as of November 18 I will remove this as soon as the backlog has been cleared.
2. Delivery Addresses: I can only send to the delivery address supplied on the PayPal order receipt. You must ensure you choose the right address before placing the order. You can update your address under Profile> My Details> Address> Add Address. If you cannot updtate or add the delivery address to your PayPal order then please contact me Before making the order. Please include a name of a person for delivery, if you don't it may delay your order. If the address that you've supplied with PayPal is incomplete or wrong and I have already posted the GBP you will need to pay for another one to be sent. I cannot accepted losses due to your errors.
3. Tracking- Royal Mail international tracking does not allow you to follow the progress of you package. An item is scanned at posting and on delivery. I cannot give feedback as to where the item is. I do not use couriers, I am too small a business to qualify for reasonable rates. A starter pack with UPS is approximately £35.00.
4. Email Addresses: The email address on the PayPal order must be a live email address that is, you are able to check it, in order to get your receipt and receive support. If the confirmation email bounces back I reserve the right to hold back or cancel the order assuming if your email address is out of date your home address could well be also. There is an admin charge of £4.00 for sending information or support to an email address not on the order. If you are buying as a gift, please let me know, using the email address supplied by PayPal, the email address of the person who may be contacting me for support otherwise the person you are making the order for will need to know the full name and address on the order. I reserve the right not to send support to an email address not on the order.
5. Some countries for example, China, Malaysia, South Africa have poor delivery rates and to these I will only post if you accept full responsibility for missing packages, please contact me if you think this to be the case.
6. Support: I offer complementary email support within 48 hours covering possible omissions in the instructions, FAQ and recipes on this website for the domestic production of up to and including the bottling of the first 2-4 litre brew. Subsequent brews are simply a repetition of this process. I cannot coach or school, nor comment on your own methods and ideas. Please don't anticipate possible problems and ask me about it. The instructions are extremely simple. If you or the person you are buying the culture has learning difficultires please ask a friend for helpas I don't have the skills to help such cases. I'm sorry, I'm not experienced at all with that. It is expected that you will tweak the recipe to suite your own taste, preference and needs. Should you require tutoring please conatct me to negotiate a fee. Your access to the members' area will start 24 hours after posting however you possibly could get access immediately if I am at home and able to upload your password.
Your question needs to be clear and concise detailing exactly what has been done and materials used in order for me to be able to help. Note again I'm hear to offer support only for problems you have had. I can not comment on what might happen if...
Please be respectful to all.
7. If on the very rare occasion that your GBP doesn't arrive you must contact me within 45 days of placing your order. More than 90% of orders arrive on time 9% arrive a little late and ~1% arrive quite late. Please allow for delays especially around holiday periods. So outside of the EU allow 4 to 5 weeks within the EU allow 3-4 weeks and in the UK allow up to 2 weeks from getting the dispatch email. I must stress the upper end of the estimated delivery times are much, much more rare especially in the UK.
8. Because the Ginger Beer Plant is a live culture I cannot accept returns. If you change your mind about the order you must contact me ASAP as most orders are sent out the next day using Royal Mail or sooner. Customers with 'Mail Boxes' must ensure their GBP will not be sat baking in the sun or freeze. GBP is freshly dried. The instructions tell you to do three Recovery Brews however occasionally more may be needed.
9. Your Ginger Beer Plant amount will vary over time, you must take care not to lose any. The Ginger Beer Plant is supplied only for the production of ginger beer and related recipes on the recipes using the amount of Ginger Beer Plant supplied as standard on the website.
10. The Businesses Protocol: The prices, including any offers, on this website are discounted for the domestic market only. Please contact me by email using the Contact Me link above if you are buying for a company or for distribution with full explanation of how you intend to use the Ginger Beer Plant. If you don't contact me beforehand and you have used a business account clearly associated with fermented products or you require an invoice as you are buying the GBP for company use then your order will be processed under The Business Protocol at the business rate of £50 per gram plus shipping via registered post plus a £2.00 Administration Fee. If you purchased a pack and are a business customer I will calculate your amount of GBP based on the price you paid minus the cost of P&P, a £2.00 admin fee and the acids in the pack, an invoice will be included. Commercial/Business sales are not eligible for the complementary support and no access to the Members Areas is granted unless you have taken up a Business Support Option. A domestic customer is defined as one brewing for personal, home use only using the recipe on the website for up to 4 litres only. By agreeing to these conditions you agree not to distribute my Ginger Beer Plant nor distribute any part or in entirety the instructions or recipes from this website. Note that I don't provide invoices at the discounted domestic rate, if you must have an invoice then your purchase will be processed using The Business Protocol. See above.
11. Please store your GBP in the door section of the fridge before hydrating and hydrate your GBP within 31 days of receipt. Nobody that followed the instructions has ever been unable to use the GBP to brew ginger beer. Please be aware that any activity means your GBP is alive. Ginger Beer Plant is a wild culture and will ferment much slower than Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
12. 7g, 14g, 21g etc batches of GBP will all be packaged in one pouch, it may be divided up but these divisions will be random in order to make posting more efficient. If you need your GBP packaged separately into custom batch sizes then please contact me using the 'Contact Me' link on the navigation bar on my website. I may charge for this service depending on the quantity you order as multiple batches are normally discounted due to involving less handling. If you use the PayPal checkout page to adjust the quantity of batches, packs, I reserve the right to combine them into one order unless you specify that they are to be shipped separately, you must let me know as soon as placing the order.
13. Your confirmation and dispatch email along with username and password will be sent to the address supplied by PayPal and I will resend to this address as part of the package. Access to the membership area is valid for six months on a single purchase of GBP. Sharing or passing on your password is not permitted. Other Membership Options are available here. Membership payments are non-refundable. Membership is free for six months with the purchase of Ginger Beer Plant and available on dispatch of the Ginger Beer Plant.
14. Importing. I have never had an problems posting to Aus, NZ, Taz, USA Canada, Israel etc. due to import restrictions. However if import restrictions apply to your region of the world due to, for example, Muslim law it is your responsibility to check. I describe the Ginger Beer Plant as 'Food Culture' which may negate this restriction.
15. Any offers posted either on the website or elsewhere are subject to Terms and Conditions. On occasions not all items on the website will be included with the offer. Where an item is purchased that is not included in the offer any goodwill upgrades will not qualify for the offer. Any purchase made before the offer is live on the site are not eligible for the automatic, subsequent offer. I may offer to upgrade, however that offer must be acknowledged by the customer. Offers must be agreed.
Every batch is tested and is sent out fresh after storing in the fridge for no more than a few days. Your GBP is a random selection from this large batch.
I provide Google translations of the instructions only as a guide. I only speak English so I'm not able to check Google's translations for errors.
Any offers are subject to availability at the time of posting.
Breaking the Terms and Conditions voids any eligibility for support and access to the Members' Area Thank you
Last updated: 26/Oct/2017
The Ginger Beer Plant operates https://www.gingerbeerplant.net/. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information (that is provided by PayPal you your order, a copy will be sent to you by PayPal) only for providing customer service and we will never at any point now or in the future disclose any information about you to any third party without your express permission first. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
Like many site operators, the site host collects information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. This information is not used or monitored nor can we use it to identify any visitor.
We do not use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this.
We will never use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information unless it is to your benefit; for example to update you of delivery estimates, update your username and password or to inform you of an amendment to the instructions.
We will not change this policy in any way that affects your privacy without first getting your permission.
Thank you for the very fast dispatch Our GBP arrived quickly, it was a breeze to use and is bubbling away nicely. My kids love it. Thank you.
Your service is wonderful. I've bought GBP and top ups from you a few times now over the last few years. Your packaging is always really neat, the instructions you send are so helpful and I can't tell you how many of my friends have said how lovely the ginger beer is that I make.